Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hydraulics
Liquids are virtually incompressible, and the pressure in a liquid is transmitted equally in all directions.
The use of different cross-sectional areas on the effort and load side of a hydraulic system enables the system to be used as a force multiplier.
The pressure in different parts of a hydraulic system is given by:
P = F/A
For a simple pendulum:
T = 1/ f
The time period depends on the length of a pendulum.
Describe how to find the centre of mass of a thin, irregular sheet of a material.
Analyse the stability of objects by evaluating their
tendency to topple.
Explain that objects with a wide base and low centre of mass are more stable than those with a narrow base and a high centre of mass.
Use the equation
T = 1/f
Describe some applications of the pendulum, such as simple fairground and playground rides.