Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Adolescence
teenagers start to do more and more during the day as they get older.they are not always able to sit down for three meals a day and this leads to meal skipping and snacking throughtout the day when they can get the chance. teenagers tend to skip breakfast. this lowers the adolescents energy and makes it harder to get through the day. eating too many fast foods can lead to weight gain, diabetes and heart disease. dietary problems
obesity - overeating and indulging in the wrong foods can lead to obesity and other obesity related diseases like diabetes and heart disease.staying active and eating the correct foods will reduce this risk. eating disorders - adolescents can be very conscious of their appearance and may feel like they need to be thin. any teenager who suspects they have a problem should talk to someone they trust immediately. Bode, Janet (1999). Food Fight: A Guide to Eating Disorders for Preteens and Their Parents. New York: Aladdin Paperbacks.
Food Technology in Action - 3rd Edition - Jacaranda Plus
-Normally most teenagers feel the desire to be more independent and make their own decisions
-they want their own space and alone time away from their family.
-teenagers prefer to spend more time with their friends than
-their emotions are all over the place. teenagers have the biggest mood swings Nutritional Requirements Special Dietary Food Day 1 Meal Plan
Breakfast- 2-3 weetbix with skim milk. glass of orange juice
Morning Tea- a serve of fruit and fruit smoothie.
Lunch- Hamburger with tomato, lettuce, beef, low-fat cheese, beetroot and wholemeal bread. also drink a glass of water
Afternoon Tea- 1-2 wholewheat biscuits and a glass of water or juice
Dinner- chicken breast with cooked pasta. drink water or juice Day 2 Meal Plan
Breakfast- 2-3 slices of mutligrain bread with peanut butter. glass of milk
Morning Tea- 1-2 wholewheat biscuits and a glass of juice
Lunch- garden salad and a glass of water
Afternoon Tea- low fat yogurt and a glass of juice
Dinner- white fish with boiled potatoes and a drink of juice according to the nutritional guidelines, adolescents should be encouraged to:
• Eat plenty of vegetables, legumes and fruits.
• Eat plenty of cereals (including breads, rice, pasta and noodles)
• Include lean meat, fish and poultry in their diet
• Include milks, yoghurts and cheeses in their diet. reduced-fat dairy products should be
encouraged for adolescents
• Choose water as a drink in the sample menus provided, an adolescent will get the correct amount of iron (red meat), fibre (bread and wholewheat biscuts), calcium (glass of milk) and protein (meat and some vegetables) that is needed for each day to maintain nutritional value, the fruit and vegetables need to be bought fresh and not spoiled. they shouldnt be stored for longer than a week as the nutrients start to deterioate
washing the fruit and vegetables before using them does not take away any nutritional value so remember to wash them to maintain nutritional value of the milk, make sure it is consumed the way it is. drinking the milk plain will give you the calcium you need for the day.