Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Eldfell
. volcano Eldfell
.erupted in 1973
.This eruption came without a warning.
. This eruption was started by a small earthquake.
About 70 homes and farms were buried under lave and 300 buildings were burned by fire or buried under lava.
. made people evacuate so they wond't get hurt.
.Eldfell is a composite volcano cone
.over 200 meters (660 ft high on the icelandic island of heimaey.
While the fissure was erupting, underwater volcanic activity was occurring at both ends of the fissure vent went on for three days.
By july 1973, the flow of lava was no longer visible but activity continued below the earths surface for a little longer.
.Mt Eldfell is located on the island of Heimaey off the cost of icelandic.