Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
BSHS/375 Week Five
Transcript of BSHS/375 Week Five
Security, privacy, legal, and ethical concerns in technology
Password protection and protocols
Alternate protection (biometric methods, such as fingerprinting or hand-scans).
PIN numbers and passwords
Unique identifiers, for example, a social security number or a client code
Consent for treatment versus authorization to release information
Data use in billing for services and research
What are ways to monitor and prevent fraud and misappropriation of services?
Quality assurance calls to family
Periodic audit of client charts to ensure accurate service provision
What impact do security breaches have on confidentiality and services?
What are the protection protocols for client data?
Safety of the client and the human services organization: confidentiality protocols in the office setting
Steps to repair trust with the client and community after a breach
Security methods for human services organizations
1. What are some ways patient confidentiality can be protected, given the establishment of a national database of medical records?
2. What protections are provided by HIPAA (1996)? What are consent and authorization? What information is protected, when is it protected and not protected, and what is not protected at all?
3. What are the challenges of monitoring and preventing fraud and misappropriation of services? What are some systems in place at your job to prevent this from happening?
4. Provide an example of a possible security breach at a human services organization. What are the implications when something like this happens? What is the impact on service delivery? How can potential damage be repaired?
What is the appropriate use of date, consent, and authorization in human services