Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Plot Diagram for The Outsiders
Transcript of Plot Diagram for The Outsiders
Nothing Gold Can Stay
"Stay gold, Ponyboy..."
The conflict is introduced when Ponyboy is nearly jumped by Socs, a rival gang.
Ponyboy and Johnny are confronted by Socs at the park.
Meet Ponyboy Curtis, a Greaser. He lives in a small Oklahoma town in 1967.
Ponyboy is rescued by his gang. We meet Darry, Soda, Two-Bit, Johnny, and Dally.
The church catches on fire. Ponyboy and Johnny rescue children in the church, but Johnny is seriously injured.
Ponyboy writes this story down for an English class.
Ponyboy and Darry get into an argument, and Darry strikes Ponyboy. Ponyboy decides to runaway with Johnny.
Johnny and Ponyboy are treated like heroes.
The Greasers and Socs have a huge rumble. The Greasers win, but Ponyboy suffers a head injury.
Johnny dies in the hospital. A distraught Dally runs out, robs a grocery store, and is shot to death by police.
Story Map for The Outsiders
Johnny kills a Soc to save Ponyboy's life.
With the help of Dally,Ponyboy and Johnny hide in an abandoned church.