Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY - PART 3
Transcript of HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY - PART 3
WAYS TO DEAL WITH STRESS
Exercise- Zumba class, Golf, Tennis, Dance, Walking
Slow Down- Organize
Laugh- Go out with friends -Act a little crazy
Learned Helplessness and Depression
are both characterized by feelings of :
Hopelessness. Learned Helplessness is a behavior in which an organism forced to endure aversive, painful or otherwise unpleasant stimuli, becomes unable or unwilling to avoid subsequent encounters with those stimuli, even if they are inescapable.
4 things helpless humans display:
Loss of Sex Drive
One of the best antidotes for acculturative stress is a society
that tolerates or even celebrates ethnic diversity.
Psychosomatic Disorders -
Illnesses that can be attributed to psychological factors in a person's environment.
HARDY PERSONALITY TRAITS
Sense of Personal Commitment to self, work, family, and other stabilizing values.
Sense of Control over One's Life and Their Work
See life as a series of challenges, rather than as a series of threats or problems.
Donald Meichenbaum has popularized a techniques called Stress Inoculation
Mastery Training - Ways a Person Can
1. Reinforcement of responses that
lead to mastery of a threat or control
over one's environment.
2.Developing hardy personality traits.