Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
“Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgments.”
Transcript of “Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgments.”
TOK Presentation #5
To what extent is our ways of knowing a check on our instinctive judgement?
Check: Verify, regulate, control
"Instinctive judgement"-> Intuition?
-Assess how at least 3 ways of knowing interact
-Consider more than one area of knowledge
-List and explain WoKs
-Explain to what extent we agree
-> possibly base off personal thoughts/experiences
“Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgments.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
2. Find three Knowledge Questions which might be embedded in the PT.
1. To what extent are ways of knowing responsible for our instinctive judgments?
2. To what extent is it true that our instinctive judgment is based off of our ways of knowing?
3. How can we use ways of knowing to check our instinctive judgments?
4. Write down two or three arguments which you think can make convincing.
- Faith controls our instinctive judgment; If we have a certain perspective of something (i.e. being Christian) , our views will be different
- We justify our instinctive judgment with reasoning to see if it's valid or not
6. Real-life examples
Faith - Christian perspective influences instinctive judgment
--> abstinence is okay; other religions may have different judgment
Reasoning - Culture influences instinctive judgment
--> personal involvement
Our response to Asian discipline; different from Western
- how ethical we are makes us check our instinctive judgments e.g. murder, abstinence
- helps makes sense of the present
- knowledge shared by groups to help produce a sense of common heritage
- understanding one's history gives personal identity --> instinctive judgments (r. Culture affecting reasoning)
8. The roles of WoK within AoK
Intuition - Human Sciences: you need to intuitively decide what your hypothesis is going to be (psychology)
Memory - History: personal identity affects instinctive judgment
ASK MR. DRISNER
What exactly is the question asking you to do?