Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Alexander McQueen
2. What- what he creates ( info about style,designs & wearable sculptures etc.)
3. Why - ( artist intent)
4. My commentary
5. What I believe he has contribute to the fashion world/ art world.
And of course in-between all of that are photos of him and most importantly his work.
Is that fine? Because I already have it done. I just haven't put it together on a power point. * Born March 17, 1969 in London.
* He was a british fashion designer
* He dropped out of school ( at the age of 16) and worked at a tailor shop in London
*He had been battling with a drug addiction and later,in February 2010 committed suicide the day of his Mothers funeral. Life Career * He was head designer of Louis-Vuitton owned Givenchy Fashion Line (1996-2001)
* He Went solo from Louis-Vuitton and created his own line of work.
* In 2004 he created a menswear line
* He won British designer of the year award four times.( from the british fashion council) Education *Central Saint Martin's College of art and design( he received his MFA in fashion design in 1992) Creations Alexander McQueen work is consider sculptural pieces. His work was sometimes dark, dramatic and beautiful and also theatrical as well. His work broke/pushed the traditional molds. Some of his inspirations came from Nature, Science fiction and fine arts. "You've got to know the rules to break them.That's what I'm here for; to demolish the rules but to keep tradition."-Alexander McQueen Alexander's Intent I think that this quote is what Alexander attended for his viewers to see. He wanted to provoke emotional responds in the viewers and I think his work does that. He knows the rules of fashion and he breaks them to push boundaries of what art is and what fashion is? While also hanging on to the traditional elements of fashion design. My Last Thoughts I think that Alexander McQueen was an artist, transcending the term "designer." His work gives me assurance that art and imagination still strives in fashion industry. He had the balance between elegance, edge and drama. He challenged and expanded the understanding of fashion. His work Lacked traditions and he pushed what people expected from fashion. I think that the way he deliver his massage to the fashion world was amazing. He was a costume designer and that is why I think his work was more than sculptural pieces because he choose to present it on a runway, which makes them become apart of an performance. THE END I get my ideas out of my dreams… if you're lucky enough to use something you see in a dream, it is purely original. It's not in the world -- it's in your head. I think that is amazing." -Alexander McQueen 2002 March (cc) image by jantik on Flickr Work Cited WWW.Wikipedia.com