Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Who are Citizens?
Transcript of Who are Citizens?
Identify and explain the two ways
to become a U.S. citizen.
A. born in the U.S.
Naturalization: legal process to become a citizen.
EQ: Explain how the US naturalization has changed over time.
B. born in U.S. territory
C. born to U.S. citizens
D. born to Non-citizens
in the U.S.
Who goes through the process?
-Aliens: stay for a short time
-Immigrants: stay indefinitely
Aliens v. Illegal Aliens
Only the U.S. gov. can take away citizenship
3 ways to lose citizenship:
1. Denaturalization: citizenship taken away
obtaining it illegally
2. Expatriation: give up citizenship
3. Punishment for crime: treason, revolt
1. Differentiate between natural born & naturalized.
2. Understand pros/cons of naturalization process.
3. Differentiate b/w illegal & legal immigrants.