Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Why Children Should Participate in Team Sports at a Young Age
Transcript of Why Children Should Participate in Team Sports at a Young Age
Brenna Haught Understanding the benefits of children in sports Purpose Physical Activity Any Questions? The purpose of this presentation is to show the advantages of children participating in sports at a young age. Benefits -Physical Activity
-Goal Setting -Opportunity to exercise with other peers
-Helps maintain health and shape
-Can increase muscle mass and endurance Why Kids Should Participate in Sports at a Young Age Social Skills Academic Success Self-Esteem Recent studies have shown that ones self-esteem is more likely to be higher when involved in sports, rather than those who weren't. -Encourages Teamwork
-How to build/manage friendships and yourself in a group environment -It takes hard work to be fully committed to a sport, and this type of dedication shows children how to understand the importance of academics and the effort they put into them. (www.livestrong.com) Conflict Resolution -Sports help kids cope with anger and frustration at a young age. -Losing teaches children to understand and learn from mistakes as well as overcome adversity and opposition. -Conflicts in sports can show kids how to deal with all sorts of problems, not just in games but in real life situations as well. -Coaches and Parents can be considered huge role models when it comes to this. Goal Setting -Making a mistake in the game can really upset a child, especially if they deeply care about the sport. Coaches can show them what they did wrong, thus allowing them to set goals for future improvement. -Working to achieve goals is a major part of life and sports teach children this at a young age. -Focuses on Improvements Scholarships Most Importantly -The child must pick a sport he/she enjoys! - As students begin to develop in their sport over the years, college becomes a prominent thought on the minds of athletes and parents alike.
- Athletic scholarships can ease financial burdens and allow students who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it, giving them a shot at a higher-education. -Although receiving an athletic scholarship is hard work, it is attainable through motivation and dedication. Conclusion -Children should participate in sports due to its mental, social, and physical benefits and its positive long-term effects on the athlete's life. -The teaching of conflict-resolution how to act in a group/social environment are small things that are "Must-haves" for life.