Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Positive & Negative Space
Transcript of Positive & Negative Space
Generally, the is the space occupied by your subject.
Conversely, is the space that is not your subject. The is defined by the edges of the
and the frame or border.
What it important also to note is that the also defines the subject.
Seals or Chops are impressions that are used in lieu of signatures in personal documents, office paperwork, contracts, art, or any item requiring acknowledgment or authorship. China, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea currently use a mixture of seals and hand signatures.
with Chinese Chops
seals in other cultures
seals (wax & not)
to create a pair of images with text inspired by Chinese chops, Japanese hankos, etc. that represent who you are by inverting the positive & negative space
-use of positive space
-use of negative space
-incorporation of both
text with image
-balance of LINES:
(thick, thin, chatter)
1. list images/symbols that would represent who you are.
2. consider and list what letters or text you would consider signing your name on your future artwork. initials, monogram, name, full name
3. sketch out 5-10 different combinations to create your own personal seal.
4. transfer & carve your seal!
5. print your seal on paper & practic matting your image.
If you play with that definition, your art becomes more interesting and dynamic.