Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
geography of india
Transcript of geography of india
32,87,263 sq. km
is the seventh largest country of the world in terms of area and with a population of
the second largest country next only to china.
if we consider the area of the arable land India is second only to the USA. The mainland extends from 8 4 north to 37 6 north latitude and 68 7 east to 97 25 , east longitude for a distance of 3,214 km from north to south and 2,933 km from east to west .
The Tropic of Cancer divides it into almost two halves. pakistan, afghanisthan, china, Nepal, Myanmar and Bnagladessh form components of india's land frontier.
india has its own geological eras and periods. The standard geological eras are
over 570 million years old,
-245-570 million years old,
-66-245million years old and Cenozic 66 million years old to the present.