Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of FTI 101
"It's a well-known fact that teenagers like sweet products. Honey might be considered."
Brown & Williamson (1972)
“The ability to attract new smokers and develop them into a young adult franchise is key to brand development.”
Philip Morris (1999)
"Cherry Skoal is for somebody who likes the taste of candy, if you know what I'm saying..."
US Smokeless Tobacco Company Executive
What is Freeze the Industry?
Freeze the Industry (FTI):
is a youth-led campaign that is raising awareness about ways the tobacco industry makes their products appealing (adding flavours and coming up with new products) and is calling for a ban on all flavoured tobacco products in Canada.
What about Flavour?
Product Marketing & Packaging:
• The tobacco industry uses creative tactics, like adding candy flavours to make their products more attractive to youth and seem less harmful.
Still a deadly product:
• The tobacco industry’s products kill more than 100 Canadians every day (101/daily; 37,000/yearly).
PETITION TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS
IN PARLIAMENT ASSEMBLED
Get fired up against the Industry!
Letters to MPs
Meet with more MPs
We, the undersigned, Youth and Adults of Canada draw the attention of the House to the following:
THAT, flavoured tobacco products are marketed to youth by the Tobacco Industry;
AND THAT, these flavoured and easy-to-use products serve to attract and addict youth to the products at an early age;
AND THAT, the government are the only ones that can stop the Tobacco Industry marketing to youth with addictive
THEREFORE, your petitioners, request that Parliament pass legislation that will
Remove ALL flavours from ALL tobacco products.
The Tobacco Industry Exploits Legislative Loopholes:
• The tobacco industry finds ways to get around laws so they can continue to make flavoured products that appeal to youth.
Pre Bill C-32
Post Bill C-32
FTI has recently merged with Flavour...Gone to tackle Big Tobacco together bigger and better!