Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The New York City Waterfront and 3D-Printing
Transcript of The New York City Waterfront and 3D-Printing
of waterfront land
The city is trying to avoid spending billions of dollars to repair all the damaged piers.
customized concrete shields to fix, reinforce and protect each of them, saving the city about
The pilings underneath many of the piers are wearing down and replacing them is expensive, and time consuming.
How to build them?
With a huge 3D printer from
How will they put them in place?
2. Air from float "A" is let out and the base of the pillar is brought into place.
3. Piece is placed in vertical and secured.
Floats are removed, inflated and
used again for next part
1. All floats are inflated and shield is brought in underneath pier. Each float's air volume can be individually adjusted
Is this just hype?
Are these just prototypes or end use, strong, additively manufactured parts?
Is this application worth?