Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Giver Chapter 1-10 Review Prezi
Transcript of The Giver Chapter 1-10 Review Prezi
Images from Shutterstock.com Chapter 2 1. What was the name of the baby that the father was so concerned about?
2. How old did you have to be to get your first bicycle?
3. What is the most important job in the community?
4. Why is the Ceremony of Twelves the most important ceremony?
5. How did their lives change after the Ceremony of 12's? Chapter 3 What memories did the Giver want Jonas to have?
What memory did the Giver give to Jonas? Chapter 10 The Giver by
Lois Lowry Chapters 1-10
Review 1.What was the unidentified aircraft at the beginning of the story?
2. What did they do with the pilot?
3. Who are the characters in the chapter?
4. What month did the story begin?
5. What was Jonas apprehensive about? Questions Chapter 1 What do we know about being the birth mother? Chapter 4 1.What did Lily do for her volunteer hours?
2. What did Jonas help do at the House of Old?
3. What Celebration do they have at the House of Old?
4. What do they do at the Celebrations?
5. Where do they go when one has been released? Chapter 5 1. What was the morning ritual for Jonas's family?
2. What are "stirrings"?
3. What was the treatment for the stirrings?
4. Why do you think he has to do that?
5. How did Jonas feel about the stirrings? Chapter 6 The four, fives, and sixes had to wear jackets that were buttoned down their backs and it was to teach them interdependence. The Ceremony The Sevens wore a jacket that was buttoned down the front which represents the first sign of independence. Nines got their bicycle and it represents moving gradually out to the community and away from the protective family unit. Lily went through the Eights ceremony. What did the pockets on her jacket represent? She is old enough to keep track of her own things. Turning 10 was special because children got their hair cut. Question:
If you wanted to leave the community, where would you go? Chapter 7 At 12, age didn't matter because that is when training begins for their assignment. Chapter 8 Jonas was not assigned but he was___________. Selected What are the characteristics for a Receiver of Memory? Intelligence, Integrity, courage, wisdom, or the capacity to see beyond Chapter 9 Jonas was tense because after the ceremony, people seemed to treat him differently. How come? What are the instructions that Jonas has to follow?
What is odd about these instructions? The giver is one of the most frequently censored books in America, partially because some critics believe that Lowry is promoting the community Jonas lives in as an exemplary place to live. Although it might be extreme to suppose that Lowry supports all of the institutions that her protagonist rejects, examine the giver’s attitude toward the community rules and culture. Which aspects of the community are the targets of the most criticism and condemnation? Do any aspects of the society escape criticism? CHALLENGE Question: It was against the rules for children or adults to look at another’s nakedness; but the rule did not apply to newchildren or the Old. Jonas was glad. . . . He couldn’t see why it was necessary. He liked the feeling of safety here in this warm and quiet room; he liked the expression of trust on the woman’s face as she lay in the water unprotected, exposed, and free. Explain this quote: