Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Pros & Cons of Monarch & Oligarchy
Transcript of Copy of Pros & Cons of Monarch & Oligarchy
Pros of Monarchy
Cons of Monarchy
If you have a king, pharaoh, or emperor who supports the people's interests, things will go well for everybody.
Royals tend to support charities.
A Monarch can liberate a small country and help them with their problems.
A Monarchy can boost morale on a battlefield and in its country.
When a Monarch makes decisions, it will happen quickly, efficiently, and without argument.
Kings can create a unified sense of purpose for the people.
Monarchs are born into it even if they’re not suited for it
The monarch’s choices may not be good, but nobody can say anything about it.
The people have no power whatsoever
Discrimination of other birth lines
Monarchs are usually selfish or self-centered
In the government's eyes, the people's only purpose is to serve the king
Pros of Oligarchy
Anybody can be elected including women
If someone was from the lower class they could make a change if there was a crisis by informing the government officials
Meet every month or week to discuss questions submitted by the people
Decisions were made quickly
First of all what is Oligarchy? Oligarchy is a government lead by few people and who are particularly wealthy.
Monarchies and Oligarchies
are a double edged sword.
They both have major advantages
with the cost of big flaws.
Others are power hungry and want to overthrow the king, coups are common
Unless it is done by force, there is no way to remove a monarch from power.
A head of state that is above party politics
Since there is no elections they cannot be influenced by other politicians as easily
A government in which a small group exercises control especially for corrupt and selfish purposes
Is also used as a collective term to donate all the individual members of the small corrupt ruling group in such a system.
Oligarchy means the the rule of a few, and those few are generally the people who are richer and more powerful than others, what you might call the aristocrats are the nobles. Bad because the people have no say.
Sometimes people may be elected and sometimes born into their position, and other times you might have to have a certain amount of money or land in order to be in the council. They’re only in power because of their money, not capability to rule.
The people don't have any say in who is in charge or their decisions.
No freedom of speech
Pros of Democracy
Democracy, by definition, is a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them.
* Can provide for changes in government without violence.
* Power can be transferred from one party to another by means of elections.
* Power is bound by an election term after which it has to compete against other parties to regain authority
* Prevents monopoly of the ruling authority
* The ruling party has to make sure it works for its people or they won't get elected again
* They feel grateful towards people which can serve as their motivation to work for the people for it is the common masses that have complete power over choosing their government.
* People gain a sense of participation and are able to voice their opinions through the election process
Cons of Democracy
* Majority wins and the voice of the minority might not be heard
* The common masses may not be aware of the political issues in society (undeducated about political issues)
* The authorities may work with a short-term focus since there is a chance of not getting re-elected
* They may lose focus on working for the people and rather focus on winning elections
* Candidates usually need a lot of money for their campaigns, so often candidates are wealthy
* Groups of people can influence others. Citizens may vote in favor of a party simply because others are voting for that candidate.
Pros of Communism
The basic idea of communism is that everything is shared among all citizens of a communist nation, with everyone on the same class level and nobody having more than any other person.
* Government officials make sure all supplies/money is divided equally among all of the people in the community
* Everyone has the same thing, so there is no greed, jealousy, or competition
* Everyone's needs are met (food, clothing, shelter) as long as they contribute to the community
* Everyone has a job
* Less crime because people all have jobs to help the community
* Leaders are elected by the people
Cons of Communism
* The central authority dictates the means and quantity of production, and places strict rules on businesses
* All businesses are ultimately owned by the government
* People who are given the same amount of money no matter what won't work as hard. People like doctors and scientests are paid the same as janitors and bus boys
* Many leaders take a large amount of supplies/money for themselves, before they divide up the rest amongst the rest of the people in the society
* Once elected, many communist leaders will have life terms in office
* Other leaders that run for office, will eliminate their competitors one way or another...