Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Five Themes Of Geography
Transcript of The Five Themes Of Geography
It is one of the most visited places in Japan and it is on the Japanese 500 yen. It is one of the most famous volcanoes in the world. Niagara Falls is located on the border of Canada and the U.S. It has the most water out of
all the waterfalls but it is
not the highest. Many
fell down the falls in
barrels for fame and fortune. Location describes where a place is on the Earth's surface. There are two types of locations. There is relative location and absolute location. Relative location describes where one place is located in relation to another. Absolute location describes the exact location of a place. Here? Here? Relative Location Relative Location is when you use familiar locations(schools, parks, malls etc) or terms(near, far, close etc) for directions.
It is often inaccurate. Close to the park Around the mall Far from the school Absolute Location A point on the earth's surface expressed by a coordinate system such as latitude and longitude. It has to be a specific coordinate that pin points the exact location. ( Ontario, Guelph, 670 Willow Rd) Human Interaction with the Environment Human interaction describes how humans interact/use with the environment. Human interactions with the human social system and the ecosystems have been around since the beginning of human history. Pros Of Human Interactions - we grow trees, flowers, etc
- we help save injured animals
- we have a national Earth Day
- we reduce, reuse and recycle
- we try to use clean, non-toxic sources of energy
- we try to preserve our world for as long as we can
- we try to reduce exhaust fumes from cars by using electric cars or carpooling
- farmers don't use as many pesticides as they usually used to use Cons of Human Interactions - people cut plants down
- Kill animals for their own needs
- build unfinished buildings
- We throw recyclable items in garbage
- Farmers use pesticides
- Use vehicle when not needed
- Too much landfills
- We use too much coals and nuclear power and pollute the air and water
- sewer pipes can pollute the water Region Region is everything that surrounds a given place, how they interact and how they are alike.
Region can be Formal, Functional and Vernacular.
For example, desert, forest, continent , country ECT. Hello, today we are going to talk about the five themes of geography. The five themes of geography are place, location, human environment interaction, region and movement. All of them have a unique role in geography and we are going to tell you how. So off we go! Well now that you know that Place and Location, Human Environment Interaction, Region, and Movement are the five themes of geography and you will have a better understanding of it next time. Movement Movement is the travel of goods, people, and ideas from place to place. Airplanes and the Internet allow physical and ideological goods to be transferred long distances in short time intervals. A person's travel from place to place, and the actions they perform there, are also considered movement. Cars, trucks, trains and boats are all things that have to do with movement. In the old days movement was much harder because people would travel on wagons and the natural barriers would stop them. Location