Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Qwest Communications International, Inc. Scandal!
Transcript of Qwest Communications International, Inc. Scandal!
What GAAP Rule was broken.
- The Matching Principle requires a company to match expenses with related revenues in order to report a company's profitability during a specified time interval.
- They helped Enron cover up there losses and made it seem like they were making more than they actually were.
- Qwest refused NSA surveillance requests which brought up suspicions.
- Qwest's lack of internal controls and not correct books and records resulted in many other accounting errors during the same period, including a
$56 million overstatement
in operator services revenue.
- In the end Qwest was fined
Who is this Joseph Nacchio.
-Born June 22, 1949 in Brooklyn, New York Joseph was the chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Qwest from 1997-2002.
What was his charges.
- Joseph Nacchio was sentenced to six years in federal prison and ordered to pay $19 million in fines and forfeit $52 million from the illegal stock trades and just finished his sentence on September 20, 2013.
"Spirit of Service"
The Effect it had on Customers
- Qwest was faced by the illegal practice of “slamming”, or switching local telephone customers to long distance service without their permission.
-Customers were not happy and many switched there local telephone company.
- Customers Opinion: “Qwest’s Slogan is Ridiculous, Considering that Their Customer Service is Ridiculously Horrible…I do still have Qwest DSL service, but only because I don’t want to switch to cable internet and I don’t think I have any other options. If I knew of any other DSL provider in this area I would switch in a heartbeat.” 2007