Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of .....
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
what are the Effects of Oil spillage ?
1- What happens to oil in the water?. oils.gpa.unep.org. Retrieved, April 13, 2014, from http://oils.gpa.unep.org/facts/fate.htm
2- (2003). Oil pollution. Water-pollution.org.uk. Retrieved, April 13, 2014, from http://www.water-pollution.org.uk/oilpollution.htm
3- The Chemistry of Oil Spills. oilplat.wordpress.com. Retrieved, April 15, 2014, from http://oilsplat.wordpress.com/about/
4- What Causes Oil Spills?. wisegeek,org. Retrieved, April 15, 2014, from http://www.wisegeek.org/what-causes-oil-spills.htm
5- Barrington, Vanessa. (2010, June 11). How Oil Spills Affects the Food Chain?. Alternet.org. Retrieved, April 15, 2014, from http://www.alternet.org/story/147175/how_oil_spills_affect_the_food_chain
6- (2014). Gulf Oil Spill: Effects on Wildlife and Habitats. neaq.org. Retrieved, April 16, 2014, from
7- Ramola, Shagon. (2013, October 13). Oil Spills. slideshare.net. Retrieved, April 17, 2014, from http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/shagunramola5/oil-spills-cleaning
8- (2014, March 16). Sorbents. www2.epa.gov. Retrieved, April 17, 2014, from http://www2.epa.gov/emergency-response/sorbents
9- (2004). How do you Clean Up Oil Spills?. ceoe.udel.edu. Retrieved, April 17, 2014, from http://www.ceoe.udel.edu/oilspill/cleanup.html
10- (2014). How do Spills Happen?. Response.restoration.noaa.gov. Retrieved, April 18, 2014, from http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/training-and-education/education-students-and-teachers/how-do-spills-happen.html
11- Oil Spill.mnn.com. Retrieved, April 18, 2014, from http://www.mnn.com/eco-glossary/oil-spill
12- (2012, August 24). Oil Spills: Causes, Effects and Control. ecoremediation.blogspot.com. Retrieved, April 18, 2014, from
13- Brit. Liggett. (2010, September 30). Study Shows BP Oil Spill Could Have Been Prevented by Regulation.inhabitat.com. Retrieved, April 20, 2014, from
14- (2010, July 20). Oil Spill Natural History. skepticalswedishscientists.wordpress.com. Retrieved, April 21, 2014, from http://skepticalswedishscientists.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/oil-spill-natural-history/
What are the causes of Oil spillage?
Effect on Sea Otters
effect on sea turtles
Effects on Sea birds
Table of Contents:
1) Introduction - Mira
2) Causes - Mays
3) Effects - Fadi and Joseph
4) Solutions - Kristy
Exxon Valadez oil spill. March 24, 1989
Ways of Preventing Oil Spills
Oil Spillage Clean-Up Methods:
1. (2010, June 23). A timeline of the disastrous BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. fm.cnbc.com. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://blog.onlycollege.com.cn/1047/viewspace-10767
2. (2012, March 23). More Than Two Decades Later, Have Killer Whales Recovered from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill?. response.restoration.naa.gov. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/images/13/exxon-valdez-orcas-skimmers_via-dan-lawn_state_alaska_472.jpg?1332536031
3. Arctic Marine Food Web. stream2.cma.gov.cn. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://stream2.cma.gov.cn/pub/comet/Climate/ArcticEcosystems/comet/oceans/arctic_ecology/media/graphics/arctic_food_web.jpg
4. Exxon Valdez Oil Spill. response.restoration.noaa.gov. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/oil-and-chemical-spills/significant-incidents/exxon-valdez-oil-spill
5. PLANKTON: Why are they important?. St.nmfs.noaa.gov. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/plankton/intro/why.html
6. Sea otter at rehabilitation centre after Exxon Valdez oil spill, Alaska. greenpeace.org. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://www.greenpeace.org/international/Global/international/planet-2/image/2004/5/sea-otter-at-rehabilitation-ce-3.jpg
7. (2010, June 3). New photos show seabirds covered in heavy oil from Gulf Coast spill (warning graphic). examiner.com. Retrieved April 24, 2014, from http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID5738/images/seabird7.jpg
Done by: Mira Khayyat, Mays Hanatsheh, Fadi Dawani, Joesph Hindi, Kristy Shammas.