Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
Transcript of The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
Setting: On a boat sailing to American for 2 months, based in the year 1832.
Theme: Having to have a lot of courage, even when you don't want to. This is exactly what Charlotte had to do in order to survive.
Conflict: Man vs Man
Climax: The hurricane strikes the ship and Mr. Hollybrass is murdered.
Tone: Mysterious, Worried, and Dramatic
A young girl, Charlotte Doyle, goes on a journey across the sea. She boards the Seahawk, to get to her family whos in America, thinking everything will be fun and exciting. The journey turns out to be nothing like she expected. With what seemed like a good captain to have, turns out to be the worst captain there is. Later she ends up being found guilty for a murder, she didn't do.
~ 13 years old
~ Sailing to America to join her family
~ The strict and harsh Captain of the Seahawk
~ Older man who has been sailing his whole life
~ Ships cook
~ Becomes friend and guide to Charlotte on the journey
- During Journey Charlotte spends a lot of time in her cabin
- Overhears plans for a rebellion amongst the crew.
- Tells the captain
- Fight occurs on the deck
- Zachariah is punished for the rebellion/fight, beat to death
- Charlotte tries to help but accidentally hits the captain with a whip
- captain rejected her apology
- Joins the crew
- Captain Jaggery harasses Charlotte
- Steers the ship toward a hurricane so that the ship can take advantage of the strong winds and make better time.
- Hurricane hits the ship
- Mr. Hollybrass stabbed in the back w/ a knife
- Charlotte accused of the murder, sent to brig
- Zachariah visits her cell. He's not dead after all, but has been hiding .
- Tried, and found guilty by the captain and a jury made up of the crew.
- Crew on Jury don't speak up
- Charlotte sentenced to death by hanging.
- Realize it was Jaggey who murdered Mr. Hollybrass.
- Fight on deck w/ Charlotte and captain
- Jaggery falls into sea
- Arrives in America
- Charlotte sneaks out of her house and rejoins the crew of the Seahawk.
- upper-class young women
- father booked her passage on a ship
- only passenger on board
- has a bad feeling
- meets Captain Jaggery
- meets Zachariah
- receives knife (dirk)