Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of James Rizzi
Artist of Urban Scenes
Pop Artist born and raised in Brooklyn, New York.
He studied art in Florida, although most of his work is of New York City.
Most of his work has similar characteristics. What do you notice about his art?
Even buildings have
faces and expressions.
This is called personification,
when an artist or writer gives human
characteristics to objects.
James Rizzi designed postage stamps, tourist brochures, and was even the official artist of the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia.
Here are examples of some of his other special commissions.
His process is a combination
of painting, sculpture, and
printing to create his 3D
relief artworks. A relief is a piece
of art that has a flat backing and
protrudes forward. Rizzi worked in
layers to create space.
Background is farthest away.
Middleground is a bit closer.
Foreground is closest to the viewer.
Here are some examples of his work.
What objects are in the background? The middle ground? The foreground?