Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CFOR 101 (Fa '15) T05 - Paradigm Spirituality 2
Transcript of CFOR 101 (Fa '15) T05 - Paradigm Spirituality 2
Can we trust God?
(Paradigm Spirituality 2)
Recognition of people
Approval of God
maximize our pleasure
grow in the knowledge of God (mature)
minimize our pain
build a name for ourselves
Result of our lives
study and apply the Word of God
invest our lives in others
Integrity and character
Heavenly minded people will . . .
- not be overwhelmed with the problems of life
- have a greater appreciation for the preciousness
of present opportunities
Since I have my life before me
- testimony of Brooke Bronkowski
How can we treasure the unseen and eternal above the visible and temporal?
- we are not in control of our life
- learn to trust a person that we cannot see
"The only true security comes from abandoning the illusion of control and surrendering ourselves unreservedly to the person and purposes of God."
Wealth and status
Heaven is . . .
. . . God's home
"The currencies of this world will do us no good in the next unless we previously invested them for Christ's sake in the lives of other people.
Others-centered relationships that express the love of Christ are the currency of heaven." (Boa, 70)
"True fulfillment lies in consciously choosing God’s value system over that which this world offers." (Boa)
"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in:' aim at earth and you will get neither."
(C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, p.134)
Living Life from the Perspective of Eternity
(watch video clip)
. . . where the righteous will see God face-to-
face (beatific vision)
Class exercise - Heaven is . . .
5) (1 John 3:1-2)
6) (Rev. 21:3)
1) (Rev. 21:4)
2) (Rev. 22:3)
3) (Rev. 22:2)
4) (Rev. 21:4)
7) (Ps. 16:11)
8) (1 Cor. 2:9)
9) (Rev. 14:13)
10) (Rom. 8:18)