Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MES School Counseling Program
Transcript of MES School Counseling Program
Academic: Student Success Groups
Failures, teacher referral, MAP tests
Meet 1x per week for 40 minutes for 3 months
Needs Assessment: Foster students, Divorce, Grief, Social Skills, Friendship, etc.
Scheduling Group Time
First Things First
Grade Level Division
Introduction to the Counselor Classroom Lesson
ASCA Based program
Meets the needs of Staff, Students, and Administrators
Counselor as an integral role
Students benefit from services provide
What do We do?
Provide three types of services:
Small Group Counseling
K-1: 2x per month for 25 minutes.
First lesson will focus on one of the 7 Habits
Second Lesson will focus on life skill
2-5: 1x per month for 45 minutes.
Lessons will be focus on the 7 Habits, but will address the key concerns derived from the Needs Assessment results.
Open Door Policy
What is the best way to call students down?
How I Can Help
Help with 504s
Staff professional development
Confidentiality includes you!
2015-2016 Program Overview
Three domains of focus:
Provide services for ALL students