Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fiber Optics
What is Fiber optics?
Fiber optics Cables used to carry information
They are made of glass or polymers (plastic)
They use light for communication
They use Digital signals.
What is it made of?
Fiber optics are made purely of optical glass
Optical Glass and normal glass is different
Optical Glass is going made with a different process and behaves differently than normal glass
How is it made of?
Is it more more effective than copper cables?
Most people believe that fiber optics has proven it's superiority over copper wires
It has greater bandwidth
It is digital
It can go longer distances
Fiber optics pros
Greater bandwidth, which is much more efficient than other copper
It has great signal reliability,
Signal vs Distance
It is lighter that traditional wires
Fiber optics Pros and Cons
Like everything, fiber optics has its ups and down.
Fiber Optics Cons
It is very expensive to make
It is expensive to install
Bad for traffic switching
How does it work?
It uses light that travles through glass.
It is a growing industry