Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Universal Joint
Transcript of The Universal Joint
By Neha Kaki and Maggie Galo
What is the angular range between the input shaft and the output shaft in which this mechanism will work?
The angular range of the Universal Joint is between 90 degrees and 270 degrees.
Is the speed increased, decreased, or constant?
In the Universal Joint, the speed remains constant. It doesn't increase or decrease.
The torque stays the same; it's constant. It doesn't increase or decrease.
What is the speed ratio of the input shaft to the output shaft?
The speed ratio of the input shaft to the output shaft is 1:1
Is the flow of power reversible? (Can you make the input shaft turn by turning the output shaft?)
Yes, the flow of power is reversible. This means that you can you can turn the input shaft by moving the output shaft.
Does the torque increase, decrease, or stay the same?
Do the input and output shafts turn in the same direction?
Yes, the two shafts do turn in the same direction.
Where is this mechanism used?
The Universal Joint is used in the drive shaft of vehicles, such as this bicycle.