Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Finding Missing Parts of a Percent Sentence
Transcript of Finding Missing Parts of a Percent Sentence
Percent Sentence. Some word problems contain a percent
sentence with a missing part. In order
to solve the problem, you must determine
whether the rate, base, or percentage is missing. Step 1: Identify the two parts of a percent sentence contained
in the problem.
72 is 50% of what number? Example: 72 is 50% of what number? The % shows that 50% is the rate. The word "is" shows that 72 is the percentage. You know the rate = 50%
You know the percentage = 72
The base is missing = ? Step 2: Name the missing part. In order to solve a percent problem you need to know what part
is missing. This will tell you if you need to multiply or divide
and how to set up your problem to solve.
More on this later : ) Why is knowing the missing part important? 1. What is 185 of $52.50?
2. 24 is 50% of what number?
3. 75 is what percent of 300?
4. What is 35% of 40?
5. 22 is what percent of 88?
6. 12.8 is 40% of what number? Let's Practice. 1. Rate