Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Short-Day Theory &
Transcript of The Short-Day Theory &
The Genetic Code Theory
Arguments against Evolution
• The bible states that each different arrangement, at creation, was made "after its own kind," or "according to its own kind." But evolutionist would state that it was “already in existence” before the species appeared or certain organisms evolved from others.
• If people use the Bible to try to justify that the days of creation are long periods of time, such as a 24 hour period like the Short day Theory they should quote the verse 2 Peter 3:8 “.. With the Lord a day is like a thousand years . . .” Because of the verse, they may interrupt it into thinking that the days could be a thousand years, or even longer. But after that there is more of the verse that says, “. . . and a thousand years are like a day”. The word day is being compared to a thousand years. Waiting for God is like a thousand years which is a day.
• The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” –Psalms 14:1
The Short-Day and the Genetic Code Theory are both theories on the orgin of life. The Short-Day Theory is a Creationist's perspective using the bible as evidence. The Genetic Code Theory is a Evolutionist's perspective using evidence in DNA and RNA. These theories however are only two among many.
• There is no scientific evidence to disagree with the Short day Theory. We as Christians must trust what the Bible says about creation in Genesis 1. God made the Bible to teach us. We should believe God that what He put/wrote in the Bible is true and real.
• “Rather, scientific creation, as described in the Book of Genesis, is perfectly consistent with all known laws and evidence—and such evidence is overwhelming.”
Biblical: Short-Day Theory
• Definition - The short day theory states that Earth was created by an intelligent designer (God) in six days with 24 hour periods each.
• All of Genesis 1 supports the Short day Theory, saying that the Earth was created day by day in six complete days.
• In Genesis after every verse it mentions what God created, at the end of the verse it specifically says “and there was evening and there was morning - the second day.”
This explains that after each day God created there was still morning and evening in the making.
• “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, all who live in it; he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.” (Psalms 24: 1-2) What God created is His. Everything he made was in his image and without Him nothing was made.
Scientific: Genetic Code Theory
. Definition- The idea that life orginiated from RNA, said to be life's first coding system
. A coding system for protein production is a requirement for life. All present day living organisms have such a system based on RNA or DNA.
. All DNA based living organisms also contain RNA. RNA sequences appear to have changed very little through time, and this is why many biologists consider RNA to be life's first coding system.
. Our Biology Textbook
. It has been demonstrated by researchers that RNA systems are capable of evolution through the process of natural selection.
. Some RNA can behave like enzymes, and these RNA molecules are called ribozymes. The ribozymes could have carried out some processes in early life.
. Researches have also proposed that for an initial template for RNA replication, clay crystals could have been provided. It is said that over time the resulting molecules would eventually develop their own replication mechanism.
By Olivia Wilson & Rachael McGriff