Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Student-Centered Coaching?
Transcript of What is Student-Centered Coaching?
The Big Idea
It's about making coaching more about student learning, and less about fixing teachers.
Students are here
Students need to be here
Coaching Lives Here
Core Practices for Student-Centered Coaching
set a standards-based goal for student learning
create a set of learning targets that are based on the standard (s)
use student evidence to plan differentiated instruction
co-teach using effective teaching practices
document student and teacher learning across a coaching cycle
schedule coaching based on 4-6 week coaching cycles
work in partnership with the school leader
Analyzing Student Work
Talk to me...
Collecting Student Evidence
Comparing Coaching Modalities
Documenting the Impact of Coaching Cycles
1. Set a goal for student learning
2. Pre assess students
3. Analyze student work/plan/teach
4. Post assess students
' I can statements'/learning targets
Supporting Research from Hattie's Visible Learning
Self-reported grades/student expectations = ES 1.44
Feedback= ES 0.75
Self Verbalization and questioning= ES 0.64
Mastery Learning= ES 0.58