Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Active Learning Pedagogy
Transcript of Active Learning Pedagogy
It is a method of teaching and learning in which students team together to explore a significant question or create a meaningful project.
Outcomes of ALP
Sehrish F. Kazim
Jazan University, KSA
An educational process where students are given the opportunity to interact with the subject matter of a course. It is anything that students do in the classroom rather than passively listening to a lecture.
What is Active Learning?
Students are involved in more than listening.
Less emphasize is placed on transmitting information and more on extending students' skils and ideas.
Students are involved in higher-order thinking (analysis, synthesis, evaluation)
Students are engaged in activities.
Greater emphasize is placed in students' exploration of their own values, attitudes and prior experiences.
Students work in small groups containing two to five members.
Students work together on common tasks or activities that are best handled through group work.
Characteristics of Collaborative Learning
Students use cooperative pro-social behavior to
accomplish their common tasks or learning activities.
Students are positively interdependent and activities are structured
so that students need each other to accomplish their common tasks or learning activities.
Students are individually accountable or responsible for their work or learning.
Active Learning Strategies
One-Minute Paper/Free Write
1. Develops students' skills
2. Classroom results tend to improve with deeper learning evident through connections with material from students’ own experience.
3. Develops social support system for students
4. Establishes a positive atmosphere for preparing students for real world workplace where teamwork is often crucial to success
5. Large classes can be more personalized with pair-share work.
6. Encourages students to take responsibility for their own education.
All the above mentioned weblinks were retrieved on 3/4/2013.
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand. - Chinese Proverb
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. - Chinese Proverb