Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tables & Figures
Transcript of Tables & Figures
* convey only essential facts
* is easy to read, with elements (type, lines, labels, etc.)
* is large enough to be read with ease
* is easy to understand--its purpose is readily apparent Graphs Bar charts column spanner decked heads column heads stub table spanner stub heads Every table should be referenced in the text by table number
Notes (general, specific, probability)
Tables run left to right whenever possible
Cite tables used from another source (included as a general note
Note. From "Title" by A.N. Author, 2000, Title of Journal, 50, p. 22. Copyright 2000 by the Name of Copyright Holder.
Is the table necessary?
Is the entire table double-spaced?
Are all comparable tables in the document consistent in presentation
Is the title brief but explanatory
Does every column have a column heading?
Are all abbreviations; special use of italics, parenthesis, and dashes; and special symbols explained?
Are the notes in the correct order? (general, specific, probability)
Will the table fit across the page?
Do th etable notes give full credit to copyright owner?
Is the table referred to in the text?
Is it correctly numbered?
Is it indicated io the list of tables in the thesis front matter? Table Checklist Figures Checklist Is the figure necessary
Is the figure simple, clean, and free of extraneous detail?
Are the data plotted accurately?
Is the lettering dark and large enough to read? Is the lettering compatible in size with the rest of the figure?
Are parallel figures or equally important figures prepared according to the same scale?
Are the terms spelled correctly?
Are all abbreviations and symbols explained in a figure legend or figure caption? Are the symbols, abbreviations, and terminology in the figure consistent with those in the figure caption? In other figures?In the text?
Are the figures at an appropriate resolution?
Are all figure captions included in the list of figures?
Are all figures numbered consecutively with arabic numerals?
Are all figures mentioned in the text?
Is proper credit given in the figure caption?