Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Remember the Titans: Movie Analysis
Transcript of Remember the Titans: Movie Analysis
"I'm not going to talk to you tonight about winning or losing. You're all winners because you didn't kill each other up at camp."
"Anybody know where this place is? This is Gettysburg. This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field."
"In Greek mythology the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe
with absolute power. Well, that football field out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's
rule it like Titans!"
"But when you put that uniform on, that titan
uniform, you better come to work. We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You
drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble
the football and I will break my foot off in your john-brown hind parts, and then, you will
run a mile. Perfection!"
"Listen to their souls, man. 'I killed my brother with malice in my heart. Hatred destroyed my family.'"
Remember the Titans: Movie Analysis
"If we don't come together right now, on this hallowed ground, we too will be
destroyed just like they were."
"Bunch of tough guys. You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a
cat fight. You got anger? That's good, you going to need it. Son, you got aggression?
That's even better. You going to need that to."
"Football is about controlling that anger. Harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection."
Coach Boone's Speech
- Battle of Gettysburg was fought on the same grounds
- Football players do not come as one, will be destroyed just as soldiers were in the battle
- Evokes fear
- Claims the players are all winners
- Makes a comparison between football team and Titans
- Convincing players to do their best
- Uses different punctuation
- Varying lengths of sentences
- Adds emphasis
- Repeats the idea of working hard
- Emphasizes perfection
- Hatred caused all
- His own actions destroyed his family
- Concept of football is generalized
- Use of persuasive techniques is effective
- Players did what the Coach said
- Coach Boone tries to convince the football players to come together to achieve perfection.
Table of Contents
1st Slide: Persuasive Technique- Logos
2nd Slide: Persuasive Technique- Pathos
3rd Slide: Persuasive Technique- Overstatement
4th Slide: Persuasive Technique- Analogy
5th Slide: Persuasive Technique- Sentence Variety
6th Slide: Persuasive Technique- Repetition
7th Slide: Fallacy- False Cause
8th Slide: Fallacy- Over-generalization
9th Slide: Effectiveness
Why You Should Listen To Me
- I've watched the movie
- I've passed the Persuasive Techniques formative
- I've passed the Fallacy Formative
- I've made a game on Fallacies and Persuasive
- I've played several other games and did well on the games on Fallacies and Persuasive Techniques we created in class