Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Fifties
Table of Contents:
Page: The Fifties
Page: Fifties Gallery Walk
I will assess the 1950s
The Nifty Fifties (1950s)
President Eisenhower (1953-1961)
The Political Spectrum
Closing Writing Prompt
How did President Eisenhower's politics contribute to 1950s culture?
: Describe Eisenhower's politics
: How does his politics contribute to 1950s Culture
Look up the definition of conform in your notebook.
How do people "conform" in today's society?
-"Culture of conformity"
- Mass culture
-By 1960, 90% of Americans had televisions in their homes
-"Nuclear families", Mom+Dad, and the "white picket fence" lifestyle
-Creation of highway system leads to "suburbia"
-Revitalization of traditional American values
Kennedy v. Nixon
With your worksheet, collect descriptions for the different 1950s happenings.
-Use bullet point/summarization
-Show Ms. Storm when you're finished
-World War II General, led the D-Day Normandy victory
-Well-liked by both parties, viewed as an"optimist" or "War hero"
-Had a mix of both
-Both party sought him out for election in 1952
: Integrating Little Rock 9, creating highway system
: Did not speak out against McCarthy, "Operation Wetback"
A system of classifying or organizing political positions
Using excerpts from Eisenhower's speeches, decide whether or no you think he is showing left, moderate, or right wing politics.
Make sure to explain your reasoning!
1. Open Google Classroom.
2. Follow the links in the assignment.
3. Complete by end of the class period.