Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Urban Problems and 1950s Political Activism
Transcript of Urban Problems and 1950s Political Activism
-Provided a decent home and a suitable living environment for every American family.
- tearing down run-down neighborhoods and building low- income housing. Not all worked and was sometimes called "Urban Removal" The Longoria Incident White Flights In the 1950s millions of white middle-class Americans left the city for life in the suburbs. Taking economic resources and isolating themselves from other races and classes. Native Americans Termination policy (1953)
the federal gov. gave up responsibility for Native American tribes. It was a failure and in 1963 the policy was abandoned. Eliminated federal economic support, discontinued
the reservations, and distributed tribal lands among individual Native Americans.