Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Progetto Italiano Junior 1,2, and 3
Transcript of Progetto Italiano Junior 1,2, and 3
My process for selecting
1. searched online for all publishers
of Italian textbooks
2. focused on 3 in particular that are
located in Italy
(Alama, Edilingua, and Guerra)
3. sent "copia saggio" emails
requesting sample copies
4. Edilingua's "Progetto Italiano"
seemed the best choice because...
Why a new book?
-In college I usedIl Nuovo Progetto Italiano. Similar name but different content designed for European students.
-Similar structure though, which I liked.
-In addition we also used "Parliamo Italiano" which is like "Prego" which I found satisfactory at best.
1. The current book is "Prego"
2. Published by an American company (contains some grammar errors and out-of-date phraseology)
3. Designed for university courses
4. Much too fast paced
5. Some inappropriate content for high-schoolers
A. separate text and workbook sections
-workbook section contains numerous exercises for reinforcement
Why I like Progetto Junior?
B. presentation of grammar topics
difficult topics divided for understandability [not so w/ university books]
-scaffolding-topics are often "pre-introduced"
-recycling of previous subject matters so students continually see important points
2. Common theme weaved throughout:
-comic strip w/ same characters
-accompanying audio and
[all other books have dialogues that aren't related]
A. Publication dates:
-Prego 1980, 1984, 1990, 1995, 2000, & 2004
-Progetto Italiano Junior 1 and 2 March 2011 and 3 June 2012
Therefore more up-to-date with current spoken Italian
B. Designed for
-characters in comic strip talk about relatable issues plus cell phones, similar tv shows, movies, music, etc.
-realistic expressions that
young people actually
4. The extras:
A. Audio CD of comic strip dialogue that students can review at home
B. DVD of additional scenes b/n characters [includes game show & interviews with real Italian teenagers]
C. CDROM for the instructor for interactive white board
-allows teacher to virtually do activities together
D. I-D-E-E "italiano–
-online community for teacher and student
-additional activites (correctable and printable)
-teachers create classes and can post assignments and notes
-studens can communicate with their class and other students
-teachers can create lesson plans
-teachers can create quizzes and flashcards
-students can create blog posts
*Pricing for online platform:
-comes free with book but
4.45 euro ($6.11) [per 50 hours]
X 130 students=
but for teachers totally free
(regardless of whether using edilingua or not)
"the school can also purchase access time for all of its students, wtih a discount of up to 30% on the total price and no added fees (the codes are sent via email)."
2. video DVD
3. interactive white board