Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why did Canada need Confederation? How did Confederation happen?
Transcript of Why did Canada need Confederation? How did Confederation happen?
to Canada's Confederation? How did Confederation happen? * Military rule
* Royal Proclamation
* Quebec Act
* American Revolution The three Confederation Conferences of Canada * The Quebec Conference * The Charlotte Conference * The London Conference = The First Conference = * Charlotte Conference - This meeting was all about discussion and presentation on the possibility of a union. In this conference the politicians from the Province of Canada convinced the politicians from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island to join the union. This happened September 1864. = The Second Conference = * Quebec Conference- Invite representatives from the three Maritime colonies and Newfoundland to meet with the United Canada delegates in Quebec in October, 1864. Although Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland both took part, after the conference they both decided not to join Confederation that time. = The Third Conference = * London Conference- the two previous conferences proposal of confederation between the colonies. They agreed that forming a country would be the best solution. The document they created was the British North America Act, once British Parliament approved it... Confederation can go ahead. Their next step is to convinced Britain. By: Katherine Fernandez