Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Salty Does Water Have To Be For An Egg To Float
Transcript of How Salty Does Water Have To Be For An Egg To Float
Egg Walking On Water
How much salt does it take to for an egg to float?
Density is a measure of how much mass per unit volume a certain substance. This property is an property to each particular substance. This means that it is a property of the substance and depends on the type of material as opposed to the amount. Extrinsic properties depend on the amount of the material. Some examples of other intrinsic properties include color, melting point, freezing point, and boiling point. Extrinsic properties include volume, mass, and temperature.
Salt water is denser than ordinary tap water, the denser the liquid the easier it is for an object to float in it. When you lower the egg into the liquid it drops through the normal tap water until it reaches the salty water, at this point the water is dense enough for the egg to float. From this information 1/4 of salt will make an egg float.
1. Eggs (6)
4. Plastic Cups
5. Measuring Cup
6. Spoon for Stirring
7. Notebook to record results
1. Put room temperature water in clear plastic cups.
2. Label the cups (EX: Cup 1,cup 2,cup 3….6 cup)
3. Add 1/4 cup of salt to 3 cup containers. Then add 1/2 cup of salt to the other 3 cups of containers.
4. Stir salt in all cups.
5. Carefully place 3 eggs into the water.
6. Record the data onto notebook.
> The height of egg in the distilled water.
> Just plain water in a cup with an egg.
> Distilled water
> amount of salt
From performing this experiment basically the more salt the you place inside distilled water it will make whatever object that is in it float because the salt makes the water much dense making it float.