Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hasty Generalization
X% of all observed A's are B's.
Therefore X% of all A's are B's. This is fallacious because there is not enough evidence to conclude that all X's are A's and B's The fallacy included in this ad is Hasty Generalization. In the commercial, it states that four out of five doctors recommend sugar free gum. They then go on to say that therefore, doctors recommend trident gum. This is fallacious because we don't have enough evidence to conclude that the doctors specifically recomend trident. This message is meant to persuade the audience by encouraging parents to give their kids the gum doctors recompensed. This shows that the audience doesn't really care about the legitimacy of the advertisement, but rather the falsified opinions of medical professionals.