Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GWA - Jan. Board Meeting
Transcript of GWA - Jan. Board Meeting
Security Two Options:
Approve '12-'13 deficit budget, roll remaining deficit into next year's member fees. (approve 2 budgets today that, combined, are balanced)
Decrease all remaining variable expenses by about 45%, essentially going over budget but meeting the "Balanced Budget" requirement. Scenario Assumptions Enrollment of ONLY 715 students.
'13 - '14 Budget Year ONLY
Rent does not fluctuate
3.5% CAP on tuition for:
K2, K3, K4, K5
Corporate Rates (includes preferred enrollment, waive the application fee)
3% CAP on LYA Our 5 Scenarios Cash Flow December/January Where are we today....? Cash Flow '12-'13 Budget '13-'14 Budget/Mem. Fees Academic Consumables Operational Supplies
HR / Recruiting
Staff Wellness GWA sent out 3rd quarter billing emails the beginning of Jan. (earlier than normal, as planned)
Slow mail 3rd quarter membership bills went out 1 week later.
Calling trusted parents to determine if they can come in early to pay 3rd quarter.
New signage at the front gate informing parents that payment can be made now. (starting Monday)
We will know a lot more in one week. Dec-12
GES Rent Dec 783,334.00
Bank Loan 1,000,000.00
Payroll January 2,870,721.76
GES Rent Jan 886,430.61
Landlord Rent Feb 29,600.00
Total Due5,734,068.73 Plan to get through Dec. was successful. (overdraft, delayed GES rent, slow pay, etc) Total due by end of Jan. = 5.7 million (including utilities, normal bills) Where are we today??
He have had a long 8 months correcting many accounting errors (LYA, MCD, etc) and reallocating line items, while trying to determine exactly what was needed. We know now but....
We really are down to the end of the budget line. Some departments have nothing left for the rest of the year because of drastic cuts.
Almost all of our costs are fixed Only 6.7 mil of the original budget were variable costs. (11.3%)
We cut completely over 600K from that (11.3%)
4.0mil has already been spent (nearly 66%)
As of December 31 - there is only 2.1 mil left to be spent of variable costs this year. So, where do we cut out 950K?????!?!?!? Cafeteria Menu 2012-2013 GWA - CAS Comparison GWA Admin. Recommendations 1. GWA Administration recommends that membership fees for the '13-'14 year are decided and communicated by Jan 31st.
2. GWA Administration recommends that scenario 3 be approved WITH a leaseback/refinancing option that caps membership fees by no more than 5%, but in the interim we recommend that scenario 2 be provisionally approved.
3. GWA Administration recommends that if no leaseback/refinancing is available by Jan. 31st 2013 then scenario 2 be approved and communicated out before Jan. 31st 2013. Attrition Sc. 2: GWA -CAS Comparison 2008 - 2011 Average Attrition was 51. (48, 52, 53) 2011-2012 attrition was 39, not counting the graduating class.