Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
About the Song
"Carolina Shout" is James P. Johnson's most famous composition.
He recorded this version in 1944.
People loved dancing to it.
Where James P. Johnson fit's on the time line
James P. Johnson became famous during the 1920's and had a song called the charleston which was a huge hit for him. Bunch of people Danced to it. It was a fun time for the people who where listening to the music.
James P. Johnson was born on February 1, 1894 in New Brunswick, NJ. He died on November 17, 1955 and lived to the age of 61.
When James P. Johnson was born and died
James P. Johnson's accomplishments
James made a new type of jazz called stride piano that was popular style back then. He influenced legend like Duke Ellington and Fats Domio. He also made some of his songs in movies that were famous like "It's a Wonderful Life".