Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Wish
1. Are you an impulsive person or do you mull an idea over for a long time before taking action?
2. How does it affect your life decisions? Have you ever regretted a decision you have taken? Give examples.
3. Think about three things that you regret having done in your life. Share them with your partner.
4. Would you do anything differently if you could go back in time? Explain it.
5. Imagine that you had a remote control that would allow extending your most pleasurable moments and speeding up your boring moments. Which moments would you extend and which ones would you speed up? Think at least about 5 different moments for each situation.
THIS IS SUCH A STRONG CHARACTER THAT HIS NAME BECAME A DICTIONARY ENTRY. THE DEFINITION IS BELOW AND THE PLOT REVOLVES AROUND THE CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY.
NOUN, PLURAL WALTER MITTYS.
AN ORDINARY, TIMID PERSON WHO IS GIVEN TO ADVENTUROUS AND SELF-AGGRANDIZING DAYDREAMS OR SECRET PLANS AS AWAY OF GLAMORIZING, A HUMDRUM LIFE. IN HIS HEROIC DAYDREAMS, MITTY DOES NOT TRIUMPH, SEVERAL FANTASIES BEING INTERRUPTED BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY HAPPEN.
WATCH THE SEGMENT AND DECIDE WHETHER THE SENTENCES ABOUT FLASH ARE TRUE OR FALSE.
1. FLASH HUMILIATED GORDON IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.
2. FLASH THREW GORDON ON THE GROUND.
3. FLASH REACTED AND PUNCHED PARKER.
4. FLASH DISAPPOINTED GWEN BECAUSE HE HADN'T DONE HIS HOMEWORK.
5. FLASH DID NOT KNOW THAT PARKER WAS SO GOOD AT BASKETBALL.
1. What did the fairies wish for the princess?
2. What did Maleficent wish for?
WATCH THE MOVIE SEGMENT ABOUT WALTER MITTY. MITTY WISHES HE COULD HAVE DONE A FEW THINGS IN ORDER TO WIN CHERYL'S ATTENTION OVER. WRITE AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT THINGS.
NOW WRITE SENTENCES EXPRESSING FLASH'S REGRETS, USING WISH. USE THE ITEMS IN EXERCISE I.
“WISH” IS USED TO TALK ABOUT SITUATIONS THAT WE DESIRE, BUT WHICH ARE THE OPPOSITE OF THE CURRENT REALITY OR WHICH ARE IMPOSSIBLE.
I. HERE ARE A FEW THINGS A MOTHER TOLD HER DAUGHTER DURING HER CHILDHOOD AND ADOLESCENCE YEARS. NOW SHE REGRETS HAVING SAID THAT. REWRITE THE SENTENCES, EXPRESSING REGRETS BY USING WISH.
What would you wish for the following people / things?
Your best friend
The world population
People in hospitals
The USA president
Animals in danger of extinction
NOW REWRITE THE SENTENCES BELOW AND THE ONES YOU CAME UP WITH, EXPRESSING WISHES.
1. HE DID NOT MANAGE TO LEAVE A WINK TO CHERYL.
2. HE DID NOT JUMP THROUGH CHERYL'S APARTMENT WINDOW.
3. HE DID NOT SAVE HER THREE-LEGGED DOG, CHIPS.
1. HE WISHES HE COULD HAVE LEFT A WINK TO CHERYL.
2. HE WISHES HE HAD JUMPED THROUGH CHERYL'S APARTMENT WINDOW.
3. HE WISHES HE HAD SAVED HER THREE-LEGGED DOG, CHIPS.
HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE WALTER MITTY? HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO PREVENT A SITUATION FROM HAPPENING, BUT YOU FAILED TO DO IT? TALK ABOUT IT.
1. FLASH WISHES HE HADN’T HUMILIATED GORDON IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.
1. DID FLASH DESERVE BEING HUMILIATED IN FRONT OF EVERYONE BECAUSE OF HIS ATTITUDE. JUSTIFY IT.
2. WAS PARKER RIGHT WHEN HE DECIDED TO GET EVEN WITH FLASH? EXPLAIN IT.
3. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN ACTION TO STOP BULLYING IN YOUR SCHOOL? WHY (NOT)?
4. WHO SHOULD BE PUNISHED BY THE SCHOOL COORDINATION? FLASH, PARKER, BOTH OR NONE OF THEM? WHY?
Watch the movie segment and discuss the questions:
- Is the scene about the past, present or future?
- Can he change his past? Why (not)?
- How does he feel about his relationship with his father?
Make a list of 5 things he regrets. Use both should have + past participle and wish.
EX: He wishes he had spent more time with his dad OR He should have spent more time with his dad.
I. CAN'T KISS YOU GOODNIGHT.
2. I CAN'T TAKE YOU TO YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
3. I CAN'T BE THERE TO TEACH YOU TO PLAY PIANO.
4. I CAN'T TELL YOU NOT TO CHASE SOME BOY.
5. I CAN'T HOLD YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A BROKEN HEART.
6. I CAN'T BE YOUR FATHER.