Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The World of Michael Jackson
Transcript of The World of Michael Jackson
"King of Pop"
Full Name: Michael Joseph Jackson
D.O.B - August, 29, 1958
Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, U.S.A
- 7 out of 9 children to Katherine & Joseph Jackson
- Joseph . J worked as crane operator, dreamed of musical fame
- Born to a musical talented family
- Highly talented music group
- Consisted of: Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon, Michael, Tito
- Encouraged by their father
- Reached stardom after signing a recording contract with "Motown Records"
- Michael became the leading vocalist & dancer
- Recorded with "Motown Records" till 1975
- Signed new contract with "Epic Records" as
- Began own Solo career in 1979
- Recording Contract with "Epic Records"
- First solo album "Off the Wall" in 1979
- "Off the Wall", best selling album of the year
-remained top 10 for 8 months
-first album to have 4 top 10 singles
-2 out of 4 singles were no.1 hits internationally with certified gold records
The World of
Musical Career Continued
About Michael Jackson
- Height: 5'10", 178 cm
- Highly musically talented
- Famous entertainer, in early and mid 1980's
- Trademark move "Moonwalk"
-"It's being offstage that's difficult for me"
- Age 11, made his first appearance on T.V
- Drafted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of Jackson 5 (1997) & as a solo performer (2001)
- Played "Scarecrow" in musical movie "The Wiz"
- 1982, released "Thriller" , a mega hit
- Largest solo album at that time
- Sold more than 40 million copies
- "Thriller" won 8 Grammy Awards, certified Platinum following year
- Featured seven hits which made top 10, including no.1 hit singles "Thriller", "Billie Jean", "Beat it"
- Produced another hit single "The Girl is Mine" with Paul McCartney made No. 1 on rhythm and blue charts and No.2 on Pop charts
- Following year, award winning short music video "Thriller" was played on MTV
" Off the Wall"
Musical Career Continued
-Produced successful records for Diana Ross "Muscles" in 1982, "Centipede" for sister Rebbie in 1984
-1984, he and his brothers, toured Canada & USA with the Victory Reunion Tour
-1985, M.J & Lionel Richie, wrote "We are the World" for "Africa Famine Relief Operation" in USA
-M.J & Lionel Richie wrote several other songs together
-1987, released album "Bad", made 7 hit singles, having title track "Man in the Mirror" & "Dirty Diana"
-1988, wrote his autobiography for "Moonwalk" which later was made into a movie
-1991, release of solo album "Dangerous", having a hit single and video "Black or White"
-2001, produced album "Invincible" having 15 tracks
- Accused of sexually assaulting a 13 year old boy
- 5 days to leak, within 24 hours worldwide
- Charged with several counts of sexual abuse
- Boy's family launched civil suit for $30 Million
- Paid by M.J on January/1994
- Went through rehab due to addiction of painkillers
- 2005, highly publicized 14 week trial
- A jury acquitted him of all charges
- Settled out of court due to media
- As an international celebrity, his reputation recovered as of time
- 1994, secretly married Lisa Presley, daughter of Elvis Presley
- Marriage between M.J & Lisa Presley
lasted less than 2 years
- 1996, he married Debbie Rowe (Nurse)
- M.J & Debbie Rowe had 2 children
- Also had third child but mother's identity kept secret
-1999, divorce with Debbie Rowe
M.J & Lisa Presley
Debbie Rowe & M.J
Reason - Cardiac Arrest
Memorial Service - Staples Center (LA)
- 1988, purchased Neverland Valley
-2,700 acres for $17 million
- Located in California
-Developed real estate into dream home
-Named it "Neverland Ranch"
-Had movie theater, amusement park, zoo
-Security staff of 40
-Sold in 2008
- Pets: Boa Constrictor, Python, 2 Llamas
- First single "I want you Back" sold more than 2 million copies in 6 weeks
- Macaulay Culkin, godfather to M.J's children
- Never took dance lessons
- Rare pigmentation disorder
- Skin color changed itself overtime
- Affects 3%
- Went through 10 - 12 surgeries in 30 years