Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Weather
satellite images monitor clouds, infrared temperatures, marine conditions
computer programs for weather casting
solve mathematical equations to predict behavior of atmosphere
Measuring Upper Atmospheric Conditions
radiosonde- measures relative humidity, air pressure, wind speed/direction and air temp.
measurements sent back by radio waves to a receiver
radar- transmits radio waves in beams
lasers- detect cloud particles and height
Measuring Wind Direction
wind is described according to the direction it comes FROM
in compass points or degrees
Measuring Air Temp.
brass and iron
thermograph- pen attached to bar that records changes on a rotating drum
more electric current flows through as temperature increases
What types of things are measured in weather?
What instruments are used?
25.3 Weather Instruments
Measuring Wind Speed
anemometer- rotation triggers electrical signal to register wind speed
m/sec, mph, knots