Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LIFE LESSONS - The Fault in Our Stars
Transcript of LIFE LESSONS - The Fault in Our Stars
by Rachel Ellis
"My parents were my two best friends. My third best friend was an author who did not know I existed. I was a fairly shy person--not the hand-raising type. And yet, just this once, I decided to speak." (pg.12).
- This quote teaches you to stand for something whether your shy or not. If you feel to speak out, just do it. Don't hesitate on sharing your opinion (AS LONG AS ITS APPROPIATE) .
"Its a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing". (Pg. 20).
- This teaches you to never let your enemy get the best of you. Even if you have to deal with this person/thing. This person/thing can do things to you that will make you hesitite to give up but don't let them take you over, you take over them.
"Don't tell me you're one of those people who becomes their disease. I know so many people like that. It's disheartening." (Pg. 32)
-Don't become the thing that is hurting you. Learn how to overcome the issues bothering you rather then letting them destroy you and your feelings.
"She said she couldn't handle it," he told me. "I'm about to lose my eyesight and she can't handle it."
- This comes to show, not everyone will except you for what you are in the inside. Some people leave your life when you need them the most. Not everyone are dependable. At the end of the day, It's just you.
Augustus : "Feel Better?"
Isaac : "No."
Augustus: "Thats the thing about pain, it demands to be felt." (Pg. 63)
- In one point of your life, you will have to suffer pain. If not, you wont become a stronger person. Pain is apart of life. It surely demands and should be felt. After pain follows joy.
"But our cancer selves might've been sisters. No wonder he'd stared at me the first time he saw me." (Pg. 97)
- Sometimes, first impressions are everything. The way you dress, act, or sound to a person, can attract them from something in the past. There's a reason for everything and a story behind that reason.
"Im like. Like. I'm like a grenade, Mom. I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?" (Pg. 99)
- Having opinions about yourself are completely normal but be careful not to underestimate yourself. Every negative thing about you can be fixed, it just takes patience.
"I had been poked and stabbed and poisened for years, and still I trod on." (Pg. 106).
- When trying to achieve a goal, there will always be obstacles along the way. You will have to work hard to accomplish your goal & not to give up.
"I could feel everybody watching us, wondering what was wrong with us, and whether it would kill us, and how heroic my mom must be, and everything else." (Pg. 144)
- Whether you like it or not, you will always be judged. After or before you even meet that person you were judged from. You have to learn not to listen or care about what people say/think about you. Its better to be yourself then to be someone your not.
"The bad news is that we obviously can't go to Amsterdam until you're better. The Genies will, however, work their famous magic when you're well enough." (Pg. 110)
- This quote teaches not to loose faith. Things might seem to be messed up but its just challenging your faith. Never doubt your faith, always stay hopeful.