Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Internet Addiction
Addiction Who Can Be Addicted Anyone who uses a device that can gain them access to the internet.
SO.... What is Internet Addiction? Internet Addiction: The act of craving excessive amount of online use of social media site, gaming, and online chatting. Brainstorming Survey Types of Internet Addiction! RESULTS Internet Addiction By:
Steven Girod Have you ever been on the Internet for hours, without realizing it? DO you find yourself on Facebook or Twitter while doing your homework? If yes, you may have an ADDICTION- to the Internet that is The Rise of Internet KIDS Teens College students Adults Facebook, A place where College Students virtually socialize with other people, keep in touch with old friends from high school, and browse through photos, a.k.a. Facebook Stalking Communication skills have deteriorated over time Everyone in today's society has easy access to the internet. Internet is Widely used by Everyone, ESPECIALLY College Students College Students use internet for research, submitting essays and any other assignments. Dependency Overtime, American has slowly started to stray away from old forms of receiving news, and have been sucked into the black hole known as the Internet! Online-Gaming Many college students spend countless hours on X-box, Play Station, or the wii. They also spend a ton of hours clicking away online playing: World Of WarCraft Maplestory Runescape Starcraft Call of Duty Angry Birds Free-Online Games ChatRooms College Students spend a lot of time composing emails to their friends, AIM-ing, or the most popular............. Instagram, A place where many college students spend time taking "cute'' pictures for the world to see. Twitter, a place where people say what they are doing, every second of their life! Tumblr, a place where people scroll through a limitless supply of photes and reblog because they want to be Tumblr famous... and because they like the photo. YouTube, a place where college students find funny and instructional videos of people doing useless things. Information Overload College students waste too much time googling or binging random things like: Who is the hottest celebrity? What are the Kardashians doing today? Free Music Downloads Online Gambling College students play online poker Put money into online betting pools "Two clicks and no matter when or where, as long as you have a computer, you can be playing for however little or how much money you want," Ryan said.
- ABC News Cyber-Sexual Many college students engage in online relationships with people they never met in person. Habitual compulsive use of the internet to get away from personal interaction. Find information for a research project Use it for Homework Google a question Turn in an assignment on Moodle Message professors Bad Grades Losing sleep Little Social Life Missing Meals Losing Priority/Procrastination Failing to attend Classes Do you think it is possible to become addicted to the Internet? How much time do you spend on the Internet? Do you find yourself on the Internet when you should be studying? Internet is on the rise, do you think it will be a more positive or negative shift on education? What can CSUN do to stop it? YES NO 11 6 3 YES NO Awareness Programs Nothing Data Limit Time Limit Personal Responsibility Where can we go to get help? Contact a Counselor at Room 520 (5th floor) in Bayramian Hall Download the Google Chrome Program, StayFocusd Give yourself a time limit in which you can spend on the computer Contact a professional therapist According to the Stanford School of Medicine 13.7% found it hard to stay away for the internet 12.4% stayed on longer than needed 8.2% used internet to escape problems, relieve negative moods 5.9% felt relationship suffered People Hours SOURCES "Internet Addiction -- College Students Lose Sleep, Miss Meals Due to Online Role Playing Games." PR Newswire 17 Dec. 2010. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 5 Nov. 2012. Aboujaoude, Elias. Virtually You: The Dangerous Powers of the E-personality. New York: W.W. Norton, 2011. Print. KESİCİ, ŞAHİN, and İSMAİL ŞAHİN. "A Comparative Study of Uses of the Internet Among College Students with and Without Internet Addiction." A Comparative Study of Uses of the Internet Among College Students with and Without Internet Addiction (2009): 1-7. OmniFile Full Text Mega (H.W. Wilson). Web. 5 Nov. 2012.<http://library.csun.edu xerxes/metasearch/record?group=008365&resultSet=081990&startRecord=8>.
"Addicted? Really?" The Economist [US] 12 Mar. 2011: 10(US). Gale Biography In Context. Web. 6 Nov. 2012.
Lupia, James. "Internet Addiction Rising Among Students." Internet Addiction Rising Among Students. The Bulletin, 13 Sept. 2012. Web. 05 Nov. 2012. <http://umwbullet.com/2012/09/13/internet-addiction-rising-among-students/>. King, Daniel L., Paul H. Delfabbro, Makr D. Griffiths, and Michael Gradisar. "Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to Outpatient Treatment of Internet Addiction in Children and Adolescents." Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to Outpatient Treatment of Internet Addiction in Children and Adolescents (n.d.): n. pag. General OneFile. Web. 5 Nov. 2012. ABC News. "Gambling Takes Hold of College Students." ABC News. ABC News Network, 10 Mar. 2006. Web. 04 Dec. 2012. <http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1710705>.