Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Advanced Legal Research: ECPA
Transcript of Advanced Legal Research: ECPA
Federal Legislative History
Privacy Law Updates & Awareness So What Does ECPA Say? ECPA is divided into 3 separate Acts:
1. The Wiretap Act
18 U.S.C §§ 2510-2522
2. The Stored Communications Act
18 U.S.C. §§ 2701-2711
3. The Pen Register Act
18 U.S.C. §§ 3121-3127 What's the Big Deal about ECPA? With the advent of Smartphones, E-mail, and Social Media, people are communicating more and more electronically.
ECPA set forth a framework that outlines how the Government may lawfully obtain access to such communications for criminal investigation purposes. Federal Legislative History Compiled Legislative History
Finding Good Case Law Subscription Databases
Privacy Law Updates & Awareness The Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
The IAPP's Daily Dashboard
Center for Democracy & Technology
Electronic Frontiers Foundation