Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of IMF
Sebastian Torres Garcia
Alejandra Gomez Mejia
Daniel Grisales Pérez
Sebastian Daza Cabal
(International Monetary Fund)
Members of IMF
The IMF is led by a Managing Director, who is head of the staff and Chairman of the Executive Board.
Christine Lagarde is a French national, joined the IMF as Managing Director in July 2011. Before coming to the IMF, she was France's Minister for Economy, Finance and Industry.
Functions and goals of I.M.F
The IMF has 188 countries that are members.
The origin of the IMF lies in the experience of countries during the inter-war period, including the Great Depression It was in this context that representatives of 45 countries reached an agreement in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire during July 1-22, 1944, on the constitution and functions of an international institution to supervise and promote an open and
stable international monetary system.
IMF is a organization that works to foster:
Global monetary cooperation
Secure financial stability
Facilitate international trade
Promote high employment and sustainable economic growth
Reduce poverty around the world.
International Monetary Fund, 1900 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
International Monetary Fund, 700 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C
Surveillance over Members’ Economic Policies
Strengthening the International Monetary System
Increasing the Global Supply of International Reserves
Combating Poverty in Low-Income Countries
News that involves Colombia with IMF
1. Colombia gets $5.8B credit line from IMF [Electronic version]. Retrieved February 11, 2013, from http://colombiareports.co/colombia-gets-5-84b-credit-line-from-imf/
2. Colombia will grow this year 3.7% by IMF
Colombia crecerá este año 3.7% según IMF. (October 8, 2013). Portafolio.co. [Electronic version]. Retrieved February 11, 2013,
Relationship between Colombia and IMF