Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Should we grow GM crops?
Transcript of Should we grow GM crops?
utterly naive. I don't think we fully understand the dimensions of what
we're getting into."
- Professor Philip James, Director of the Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen, on genetically engineered food. The use of Genetically Modified Organisms as a source of food for our society is a questionable process that I believe is wrong. DNA is barely understood, yet they are PERMENANTLY modifying it, which will have horrible effects in the future. In fact, Well over 80% of human DNA is called “junk” because scientists do not know its function.
"The genetic modification of food is intrinsically dangerous. It involves
making irreversible changes in a random manner to a complex level of life
about which little is known. It is inevitable that this hit-and-miss
approach will lead to disasters. It must disrupt the natural intelligence
of the plant or animal to which it is applied, and lead to health-damaging
side-effects." - Dr Geoffrey Clements, leader of the Natural Law Party, UK.
Tryptophan toxicity incident - $2 billion in claims for deaths and disease Bacillus thuringienis Evil Companies 150,000 farmers around the world (Mostly India) have committed suicide after losing everything... What does this have to do with you? Go through peuberty too early... Causes Cancer... Food has less nutrients... Food has higher toxicity... Creates new allergies... A test on rats eating GMOs showed damaged immune systems and digestive function, smaller brains, livers, and testicles, partial atrophy of the liver, and potentially pre-cancerous cell growth in the intestines. This happened in 10 days.