Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sinners In The Hand Of An Angry God
Transcript of Sinners In The Hand Of An Angry God
Examine any art and text you see on the cover of the book. What predictions can you make about the setting and plot?
What do you think "crucible" means?
Jot down predictions for the definition on a seperate sheet of paper.
Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
by: Jonathan Edwards
Springboard Pg. 239
What do we know about the Puritans?
Do you remember reading the Trial of Martha Carrier?
sum this up in your own words
Do you agree? Why or why not?
Looking at the title...
The word crucible has two defintions.
1. A container used for melting metals at extremely high heat.
2. A severe test of belief.
Which definition do you think Arthur Miller had in mind for his story?
Now that you have read the excerpts from Sinners (pg.226), pick the chunk that stood out to you the most and create a visual representation to illustrate a central idea of the text. Be sure to include quotes from the chunk you chose in your drawing.