Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Flexibility
2. Dynamic flexibility:
What is the difference?
actors that affect or limit flexibility?
• Three Main Types Of Flexibility Training:
1. From our practical last week can you give 3-5 key characteristics of each type of training.
2. Also if you were putting together a flexibility training programme which order would you use the methods in
1.Static Stretches. (Active & Passive)
2.Ballistic Stretches. Advan/Disadvan
1. Identify & explain 3 factors that affect the range of motion around a joint (3)
2. What are the proposed benefits of flexibility training to a performer? (3)
3. Give an example of of type a flexibility exercise for the shoulder joint & describe types of training other than PNF used to increase range of movement here?
4. Describe PNF stretching & explain theory behind it's effectiveness. (6)
Write down 5 things an examiner could ask you about flexibility?
(Think back to when we looked at aerobic capacity)
At the minute what would you be able to tell them?
Can we use SOLO to structure our 20 mark question?
Adaptations following flexibility training.PNF flexibility training.Ballistic flexibility training.
Peer assessment of SOLO work.1.
Be constructive in your fb. 2.
or each stage comment on what you like, why you like it and one thing you might have added.3. U
& multi structural are simple facts or shallow learning. A level 1 answer. In you fb what could be holding back your partner from an extended, deep learning level 3 answer?
Demo the stretch.
Describe the stretch.
Give + - of it.
Key points with PNF:
1. Assistance from a partner.
2. Isometric contraction.
3. Stimulate golgi tendon organ response following muscle release.
4. This causes further relaxation of target muscle.
1. What are the 3 main types of stretches? (Think about how you would progress with stretching?)
2. What are the main methods of flexibility training?
3. What is isometric stretching?
4. What is the differences between dynamic and PNF stretching?
5. Give 4 key points of PNF. Make sure they are in the right order.
5. Give an advantage and disadvantage of PNF stretching.