Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Women's Rights Movement in Australia
Transcript of Women's Rights Movement in Australia
Women's Rights? Women's rights are the rights and entitlements claimed for women and girls of many societies worldwide.
In some places these rights are supported by law, local custom, and behavior, whereas in others they may be ignored or suppressed. 1. Women weren't getting equal pay for equal work of equal value.
2. Women couldn't make decisions about their own bodies i.e. the Pill and Abortion.
3. Women couldn't work in designated 'men only' profession areas.
4. Women were being sexually harassed or abused by 'superior' males.
5. There was a lot of discrimination in education. Women couldn't get into University.
6. Banks didn't loan to women if they were single. Reaching for Equality The Women's Liberation Movement decided to reach the goals of equality in society through political pressure, lectures, pamphlets, protests and even writing books like; WHO WAS INVOLVED? By Charlotte Inkster Women's Rights
Movement The Women’s Rights Movement was an outgrowth in cities of the northeast, but soon attracted more cities. The first women’s rights convention took place in 1848 in Seneca Falls, New York. The Effect on Australia
and The World! Around the times between 1850's to the mid 1900's, many women across the world did not have equal rights. The Women's Liberation Movement played a huge role in Australia's History. Before this very movement, there was so much corruption and discrimination towards women and what they stood for. This Movement changed the lived f many and allowed thousands, even millions if people to have a better quality of life :) What about Australia? The Concerns of the
Women's Liberation Movement The Concerns -Damned Whores
-God's Police by Dr. Anne Summers
-The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer. The problems in society in Australia back then was that the Women's Liberation Movement highlighted their lectures, books and more through their emotion and dedication. Women felt that the courts (politicians) never listened to them as they were women, therefore the women felt intimidated. The main societies and groups that helped in the women's rights movement were;
The Women's Christian Temperance Union which was formed on the 16th November, 1887.
Australian Women's Suffrage Society which was formed in 1889
and many, many more women all over the world contributed to this great mark in History. Henietta Dugdale & Annie Law formed the Victorian women's sufferage society in 1884 It's interesting facts time! FACTS! FACTS! FACTS! FACTS! On the 15th of May, 1900 Women won the vote in Western Australia. The First Female workers Riot was held on the 31st of October 1827 The first women's suffrage in Australia was formed in South Australia. On the 21st of March 1985 the proclamation of S.A's suffrage act gave women an equal right with men to vote and sand for election. Australian Constitution formed on the 9th of July, 1900. It sent the country and the rest of the world into a spin. THANK-YOU
FOR WATCHING & LISTENING!